Friday, November 3, 2017

Just Add Ink #384 | Just Add Inspiration

Hello, Hello. It's that time again for another Just Add Ink Card Challenge. We've got a gorgeous Inspiration picture for you. It's bright, fun and almost has that summer vibe. It's only 4 weeks till summer here in Melbourne and I for one can't wait!


I was inspired by the flowers in the picture, as well as those gorgeous colours of yellow and blue. I've pulled out an older stamp set, Rose Wonder, as it is perfect to use with the new Stampin' Blends Alcohol Markers that I really wanted to have a play around with too.


I stamped with the Tuxedo Black Memento ink the rose image on Whisper White Thick Cardstock and let that dry for a few minutes before colouring with the Stampin' Blends. When colouring with the blends I like to put a little bit of the dark colour down first and then blend and colour with the light marker. Others like to colour each section with the light marker and then add the darker colour. It all comes down to personal preference as to how you colour with them.


This originally was going to be a birthday card but I changed it up at the last minute for a friend who is going through a tough time at the moment and needed some happy snail mail to let them know I am thinking and praying for them.


Because I wanted to keep the rose image as the main focus of the card I kept the trim and embellishments to a minimum with just some Basic Black Baker's Twine and some gold sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment.

All finished off with the 'You're In My Thoughts and Prayers' sentiment embossed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder on a Basic Black banner.

Make sure you check out the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team and what inspired them with the inspiration picture. Lots of fabulous creations from everyone!! While you are there check out how you can enter your creation! I'm so looking forward to seeing what inspires you!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, so pretty, Rochelle! You've coloured the flower so well, and it's certainly the hero of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this stamp but have never used it. You have no given me a reason to get it out and try using my blends. I hope I can do as beautiful work as you have done...love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Rochelle! Gorgeous colouring of the pretty rose and your plaid layer underneath is such a fabulous design element too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning Rochelle. Fabulous colouring and layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.